Friday, May 11, 2007

TV Show Idea: The One-Armed Cook

Meredith Books published a book in 2005 entitled The One-Armed Cook: Quick and Easy Recipes, Smart Meal Plans, and Savvy Advice for New (and Not-so-New) Moms. Written by Cynthia Graubart and Catherine Fliegil, this cleverly titled cookbook quickly caught my attention after the birth of my daughter.

My daughter is now eight months old - and I often cook, stir, and prepare meals one-handed. Thus, I am always on-the-lookout for easy and fast recipes...and I don't mean Martha Stewart's version of fast and easy. I really, truly need recipes that I can make in 10 minutes or less with one hand.

So, here's my idea for a wonderful mid-day tv show. Take your cue from the aforementioned book and start a show by the same name. The host should be a real mom who cooks the meals while holding a baby or entertaining a toddler. Moms could watch the show and then log on to a corresponding website to print out the recipe.

1 comment:

maryb said...

Great idea! Why hasn't anyone thought of this before?