Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Graduate School from a distance

It's just after 10:00 p.m. and I'm thinking about my Ph.D. again. I just went in and was looking at my sweet little baby girl sleeping. Her long lashes, her serious but angelic expression, her soft skin. I know that her babyhood will be over in the blink of any eye and I don't want to miss a thing - not for work, not for school, not for anything.

A Ph.D. in a traditional setting would require hours away and I don't know if it's sensible to pursue that mission.

But I don't want to give up my dream of earning my doctorate and being a professor. I want to open up doors for the future.

It's about time that a reputable university (Think: Princeton, Brown, Rice, Stanford, U of Penn, MIT, etc.) unveiled a distance program with a solid academic curriculum.

More on this tomorrow...

No comments: