Friday, January 5, 2007

Charity Work

I've been thinking about what it means to follow Christ. My thoughts lead me to philanthropy. He was, after all, a humanitarian - the greatest one that ever lived. He demonstrated altruism, public-mindedness, and mercy on a daily basis. His causes were social causes - feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, and healing the sick. He was a champion for the orphans, the widows, and the impoverished.

If my quest is to walk in His footsteps (which it is), then I logically conclude that I should be more involved in charitable causes. That said, I am now on-the-lookout for volunteer opportunities - preferably work that I can do from home or with a baby in tow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel the need too, to be helping others. I don't do it enough. I have asked the Lord to show me where I can do this.