Monday, August 20, 2007

Worthwhile Writing Conferences (I'm trying to find one or two)

I have never been to a writing conference and I've been thinking that it might be worthwhile to explore attending one. It seems like a great place to get the inside scoop on the book, magazine, and online publishing industries. It also seems like it would be productive and beneficial to meet editors and writers, to attend workshops, and to hone my writing/marketing skills.

As I begin this investigation process, I'm wondering if you might be able to help.

Pray, do tell...

Which writing conferences have you:
  • attended and liked (and why)
  • attended and disliked (and why)
  • dreamed of attending (and why)
Thanks for your help!

1 comment:

Damselfly said...

My local newspaper puts on a writing conference every year, and I went two years in a row. Most of the attendees were journos sent by their respective newspapers, and I am a lowly freelancer, so I felt way out of place. However, I went to the sessions I wanted anyway and had a good time. I even met someone who wrote for the same publisher I did, and that was a bonus. Plus, I came home with good tips and worksheets for writing exercises. I definitely wouldn't have gone, though, if I had to travel far for it -- this was just 30 min. from my house.