Thursday, July 19, 2007

Are you LinkedIn?

There are a multitude of professional and social networking sites on the web. The most note-worthy sites in this genre include MySpace, Facebook, and LinkedIn.

As far as I can tell, MySpace is for tweens and teens and some straggling twenty-somethings. Facebook is for Generation Xers who are looking to connect with friends, acquaintances, coworkers, and perhaps future business partners. LinkedIn is for adults and is primarily used for business purposes.

I realize that my summary is probably extremely flawed and that my descriptions are much too broad. So, I'm curious. Are my descriptions accurate? Do you have an account with any or all of the aforementioned sites? If so, which one is your favorite and what benefits do you receive from being in the network?

No comments: